Savory Mexican Muffins
Got leftover taco meat, but don’t want to eat the exact same thing again?
We got you covered! Make these corn bread type muffins with stuffed the meat in the middle.
They can be stored in the fridge and warmed up when you are ready to eat!
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour, or multi grain flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low fat milk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Combine the liquid ingredients and mix in with the dry.
- Butter a muffin pan.
- Using a small cookie scooper, place one scoopful into muffin pan. Sprinkle with leftover taco meat, black beans, or salsa.
- Add one more scoop of the corn muffin mix to the top of the taco meat.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until batter is cooked all the way through.