Ricotta Filled Breakfast Crepes
These scrumptious Ricotta Filled Crepes are stuffed with creamy, high-protein ricotta cheese to make breakfast a little extra special, even when you don’t have a ton of time.
The batter comes together fast in the blender and the filling is made from just two simple ingredients. Serve them with fresh berries for a “splash” of color, antioxidants, and a juicy burst of flavor, too.
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- Melt and slightly cool the butter. Add the first six ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and sugar. Set aside.
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray or spread a teaspoon of butter in the bottom; preheat over medium.
- Once skillet is hot, pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter into the pan and swirl it around until it coats the bottom. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side, or until the edges are golden. Remove from skillet and set aside. Continue until all crepes have been cooked. Spray pan in between each crepe to prevent sticking.
- Fill each crepe with 2-3 tablespoons ricotta mixture, without over-filling. Fold like an envelope.
- Serve them with blueberries or other fresh fruit available in your fridge.