Quinoa Banana & Chocolate Breakfast Bars
These healthy breakfast bars are the perfect way to start your day. Ideal breakfast when you are on the go!
- 1 1/4 cup – oats, dry
- 1 cup – Quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup – coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon – baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- 2 tablespoon – flaxseed, ground
- 6 tablespoon – water
- 2 medium – banana
- 1/4 cup – sun butter
- 1 tablespoon – vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup – coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup – chocolate chips, semisweet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9” square baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (minus coconut and chocolate chips).
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flax seed meal and water. Let stand for 5 minutes until the mixture begins to gel. Beat in banana, sunflower seed butter and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredient over dry and stir together until fully combined. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Transfer mixture to the baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake on the center rack for 20 – 25 minutes until mixture has started to brown and is springy to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely in the pan. Once cooled, transfer to a cutting board and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 – 4 days.