Quick & Healthy Chicken Parmesan Over Zoodles
Healthy Chicken Parmesan that is crispy, cheesy, saucy, and served over zucchini noodles. So easy and extremely delicious!
- ¼ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 ½ cups Marinara Sauce
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 zucchinis spiralized*
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the breadcrumbs, panko, and Parmesan in a shallow dish with the Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Fry: Cut the chicken breasts into a total of four pieces (for example, if there are two breasts, cut each in half – pound them a little thinner and wider if you want) and dredge the chicken in the breadcrumbs so that they stick all over the surface of the chicken. Add the chicken to the hot skillet and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. You want the outside to be golden brown – the inside can finish cooking in the oven.
- Bake: Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Add the sauce and place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Return to the oven for a few more minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.
- Finish: While the chicken finishes, cut the zucchini into thin shreds or use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles. Serve the chicken and sauce over the raw zucchini noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
*Note: Most supermarkets sell vegetables spiralized, which makes them in the shape of spaghetti noodles, here is a link for a spiralizer if you would like to invest in one (that was the best price we could find currently.)