Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Soup for dinner? Yes, please! Comforting Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is surprisingly easy to make, and filled with lean protein and veggies.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 quart boxed or fresh chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of whole wheat egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large stockpot, and place raw chicken breasts in the pot. Brown on all sides.
- Add chopped onions and fry for about five minutes, and then add broth to cover chicken and onions.
- Simmer the chicken in broth until tender and cooked through. Remove chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Add chopped carrot and celery to the broth. Simmer for 10 minutes or until veggies begin to get tender.
- Add noodles to the pot, along with the bite-sized pieces of chicken.
- Cook according to the manufacture’s directions or until the noodles are tender.
- Add peas, parsley, plus salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.