Power Packed Fruit and Veggie Muffin
These are the perfect back up plan when you have those days where your picky eater just won’t eat anything! Packed with fruits, veggies (like broccoli, zucchini, and carrots) and whole grains, you can be sure your little one gets a whole lot of nutrition in one little muffin!
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup broccoli, florets
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 ½ medium carrot
- ½ medium apple
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoon apple juice
- ¼ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- ¼ cup yogurt, plain
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Soften butter.
- In a mixer or another bowl, mix the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a food processor, combine steamed broccoli, zucchini, apple, banana, apple juice, and applesauce. Pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Shred carrots. If you don’t want the shreds in your muffin, combine your carrots with the rest of the fruits and veggies in the food processor.
- Combine the fruit and veggie puree, carrots (unless you already added them with the puree), and yogurt, into the wet ingredient mixture (sugar/butter/eggs) and beat until mixed.
- Finally, add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined and wet.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Scoop the mixture into a prepared muffin pan. Fill each spot about 3/4 of the way full.
- For mini muffins: Bake in a 350 oven for 15-20 minutes for mini-muffins
- For regular size muffins: Bake in a 375-degree oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Bake until the tops are slightly brown, and a toothpick comes out clean or they bounce back when you touch them with your finger.