Pesto Chicken Veggie Meatballs
A deliciously flavored meatball with extra nutrition for your kids.
- 1lb chicken breast
- ½ medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup zucchini
- 3 tablespoon pesto
- ½ cup bread crumbs, plain
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by preparing the vegetable mixture:
- Gently pat the zucchini dry with a paper towel or clean dish towel (no need to squeeze all the liquid out of it, just pat off some of the extra moisture). Add to a large bowl with the finely minced carrot and bell pepper. Add in the pesto, bread crumbs, and salt and stir to combine.
- Fold in the ground chicken breast using your hands or a large fork and toss together the chicken and vegetable mixture until it’s well-combined. Try not to over-work the mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or a silpat and drizzle with oil.
- Using a 1″ scoop or a Tablespoon, make small (1-1 1/2″) meatballs and place them on the baking sheet. (you can also just use your hands to roll them out)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. For a bit of browning, broil the meatballs an additional 1-3 minutes. If browning isn’t important, continue baking meatballs another 2-3 minutes, or till cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite sauce, pasta, or on a sandwich.