One Pot Teriyaki Chicken
One Pot Teriyaki Rice with Chicken and Vegetables makes the perfect easy weeknight meal. Best of all, everything cooks up in only ONE pan in just 30 minutes.
For the Teriyaki sauce
- 1/2-cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3-cup rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/3-cup honey
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch (or corn starch)
- 1/4-cup water, plus more as needed to thin out sauce
For the rice and chicken
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated or minced ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (can also use Brown or Instant Rice*)
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 1-cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled Edamame beans, thawed
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
(For Instant Pot)
- Press the sauté button and preheat 2 minutes.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, a couple spoons of water and starch. Slowly whisk in water and bring to a boil, until thickened. Transfer to a heat safe bowl.
- Wipe down the pot with a damp cloth. Heat oil and sauté chicken for 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minutes. Add the bell peppers, carrots and broccoli. Pour in 3/4 of the sauce, the rice and chicken broth.
- Place the lid on, and lock it, setting the valve to sealing.
- Press MANUAL high pressure and set for 10 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to release naturally for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid carefully and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired. Drizzle with remaining sauce and serve immediately.
Notes: *You can also use Instant Rice – adjust covered cooking time to 5-10 minutes, or until rice is tender.