One Pot Quinoa, Chicken and Vegetables
An easy and healthy dish – everything is combined in one pot, simmers, and is ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
You can substitute the vegetables for what’s available in your pantry/fridge, any vegetable that cooks easily will do.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs sliced.
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup cubed zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub the spices on the chicken. In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil on medium-high heat. Place the chicken in and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the meat gets some color. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the other tablespoon of coconut oil and add the vegetables (all but the spinach). Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are wilted, about 5 minutes. If the vegetables begin to stick to the bottom of the pan add 1/2 cup of the broth to deglaze the pan and prevent scorching. Add in the quinoa and the remaining chicken broth. Stir to mix everything and cover. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken into the quinoa and cook another 5-7 minutes or until the liquid has cooked away.
- Once cooked stir the spinach into the quinoa, stirring until it is wilted, about 2 minutes. Serve.