All-in-one Chicken and Brown Rice Dinner
Winner/winner, chicken dinner!
All-in-one instant pot chicken and brown rice is an easy, balanced one-pot meal for dinner ideas the whole family will love.
- 21 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cup of baby carrots
- 2 cup of mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 2 cup of brown rice, raw
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 ¼ cup of chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 lb. of chicken thigh, boneless, skinless
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper, ground
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) – soup, cream of chicken, canned, condensed
- 2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of thyme, fresh
- Push “sauté” button on Instant Pot. While it heats, dice onion, mince garlic, and chop veggies. Rinse and drain rice.
- When pot says “HOT,” add oil to pot and saute onions for 3 minutes. Then press “cancel” to turn the sauté setting off.
- Mix veggies, garlic, rice, and broth into the pot. Place chicken on top, salt and pepper, then cover with cream of chicken soup (homemade is preferable) and Worcestershire sauce. Place 8-10 small sprigs of thyme on top.
- Seal the Instant Pot, close the vent, and press “manual.” Use the “pressure” button to toggle to high pressure. For brown rice: set the time for 25 minutes. For white rice: set the timer for 20 minutes. After 10 seconds the pot should register that it has begun the pressurizing process.
- Once the pot is done cooking open the vent (keep your hand out of the path of the steam) to quick release the pressure. This should take about 2 minutes. Once pressure has released completely (the pin drops) the pot is safe to open.
- Remove thyme sprigs (keeping leaves when possible). Stir pot to shred chicken and mix in any extra liquid. Serve warm.