Lemon & Herb Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Shrimp
Spaghetti squash is super versatile because there isn’t much flavor, so pairing it with different sauces and herbs really turns out delicious! Cooking the spaghetti squash is really easy too!
Enjoy this lemony and refreshing dinner any weekday!
- 2 small to medium spaghetti squash
- 12 oz. large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20 shrimp)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- To make the spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cut squash right down the middle. Scoop out all the seeds and place cut side down on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with oil so they don’t stick. Bake the squash in the oven for 45 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, melt oil and butter over medium high heat, add shrimp and season with salt and pepper, sautéing for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté an additional 2 minutes until shrimp is cooked through; remove from heat and set aside.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, vegetable stock, Dijon mustard and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow sauce to simmer until the spaghetti squash has finished baking.
- Remove the skillet from heat and take squash out of the oven. Scrape out all the strands of spaghetti using a fork, throw spaghetti squash into a colander and place in the sink, pressing gently with a paper towel to allow any excess water to drain out.
- Whisk yogurt in with the sauce until creamy and smooth then stir in chopped parsley. Toss with spaghetti squash and shrimp and serve.