Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf
This Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf is moist and delicious with just the right amount of blueberries and lemon. Eat it now or freeze it for a quick breakfast option for those busy mornings!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Grease an 8.5×4.5×2.5-inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray then flour it.
- In a large bowl whisk together the 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla extract and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- In another small bowl mix together the blueberries with the 1 tbsp of flour. This will prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the loaf. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes, until an inserted toothpick in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cook in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes.
- Once the cake is cooled, cut into slices and serve or freeze it up to 3 months.