Korean Ground Beef and Rice Recipe
Korean ground beef and rice is one of the easiest recipes ever. This ground beef bowl dish is perfect for quick lunch or dinner and it’s really super delicious.
- 1¼ pounds ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, Grated
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4-6 cups cooked rice (you can use brown rice for a healthier option)
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Make the sauce: in a bowl mix brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper, set aside.
- In a large skillet heat avocado oil over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Increase to high heat, add the ground beef and cook, breaking it into crumbles, until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Pour the sauce over the ground beef, add ½ of the chopped green onions and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
- serve with hot rice and garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.