Kid Friendly Easy Fish Tacos
These delicious fish tacos are easy to make and a healthy dinner that kids will LOVE. You can make them with grilled fish or using a kid’s menu staple: Fish sticks!
- 6-8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 3 (8 oz.) fillets flounder or haddock fillets OR 10 oz. of ready to eat fish sticks (use your favorite brand)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, sliced
Not Spicy Pineapple Salsa:
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 1 ear sweet corn, cooked
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- If you desire to make the tacos with grilled fish: Season the fillets with salt and pepper and grilled each side of the fillets for 3 minutes on a very hot grill-pan sprayed with coconut or avocado oil. Set them aside for 2 minutes and then cut the fillets in half.
- If you are making the tacos with fish sticks: Bake the fish sticks according to the package direction.
- Mix all ingredients for the salsa but the lime juice.
- Season it with half of the lime juice, a dash of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the avocado and season with the other half of the lime juice and salt.
- Assemble the tacos: On each tortilla, spread some sour cream on the tortillas, 2 slices of the avocado, one piece of fish or one fish stick and one tablespoon of the salsa.
- Eat while the fish is still hot!