Hearty Fruit & Nut Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing
Not all salads have to be filled with greens. This hearty fruit and nut salad is perfect for kids.
- 2 sweet-tart apples (such as Pink Lady or Honey-crisp), cored and chopped to equal about 3 1/2 cups
- 3 cups green grapes, halved (or quartered if the grapes are very large)
- 3 cups red grapes, halved (or quartered if the grapes are very large)
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried coconut chips
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, combine apples, grapes, farro, craisins, coconut and walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, water, vanilla, and salt, stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over fruit and nut mixture, stirring again to combine.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving.