Healthy Fall Vegetables Lasagna
This lasagna recipe is healthy, vegetarian, perfect for the Fall and Winter season and popular with kids! The pumpkin spice and sage give this dish that fall warm feel that we love so much!
- 1 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower (or broccoli)
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped red peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped sage (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 12 uncooked oven-ready whole grain lasagna noodles
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sauté the leeks, garlic, and sage in the oil over medium high heat. Add veggies and sauté until tender; add pumpkin spice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Whisk egg into ricotta cheese and stir in fresh spinach.
- Pour a little sauce in the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan. Top with 4 lasagna noodles, ½ cup ricotta mixture, ½ of the veggies, and ¾ -cup sauce. Repeat; top entire pan with noodles, remaining sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly.
- Let it sit for 7 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.