Healthy Egg Muffing Cups
Avoid skipping breakfast by making these healthy egg muffin cups using whatever veggies you have in your fridge.
They are freezer-friendly and a good option for a snack or even a dinner side dish for those crazy busy weeknights!
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 large Roma tomato, seeds removed and diced
- ½ cup baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 12 eggs
- ½ unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and jalapeño evenly between 12 muffins in the tin.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, almond milk, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Fill each muffin, leaving about ½ inch space with egg mixture, pouring over the veggies already in each tin. If using cheese, add 1 tbsp. on top of each egg muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until eggs are set and puff up in the tin. Let muffins cool for a few minutes, then run a butter knife around the edges of each cup and remove. Serves 6 (2 egg cups each).