Healthier Homemade Donuts
These chocolatey homemade donuts taste sweet and indulgent, and are topped with a thick, rich glaze made from two simple ingredients. Try them the next time you’re looking for a lightened-up dessert.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, semisweet
- 1 tablespoon oil, avocado
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg, almond milk, Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla. Whisk to fully combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together then add to wet ingredients. Stir together until fully combined. Scoop out by 2-3 tablespoons full, into the donut mold. This should fill each mold 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Mix chocolate chips with avocado oil in a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time. Once it is smooth, dip the top of each donut into the glaze and allow the excess to drip off.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden the glaze.