Garlic & Herb Mashed Cauliflower
Thanksgiving is one week away, so here is a health-conscious side dish that is so delicious you won’t even be missing the potatoes!
- 2 teaspoon – olive oil
- 1 medium – onion
- 3 clove – garlic
- 5 cup – cauliflower, florets
- 1 medium – carrot
- 1/2 cup – water
- 1/4 cup – butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoon – garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon – rosemary, fresh
- 1 tablespoon – parsley, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon – salt
- 1/8 teaspoon – black pepper, ground
- Dice onion and mince garlic. Chop cauliflower and carrot.
- Heat oil in large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add cauliflower, carrot, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender. Add a couple tablespoons of water if the pot becomes to dry before vegetables are cooked. Drain off any liquid.
- Pour cauliflower mixture into food processor or blender. Or if you have an immersion blender, you can just keep it right in the pan. Add butter and all spices and blend until well blended and smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste depending on your preferences.