Fried Cauliflower Rice with Shrimp
Cauliflower rice with shrimp – low-carb, high protein and healthy recipe. And most important its delicious and easy to make!
- 1 head cauliflower (+-2lb)
- 12oz shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons Chopped parsley
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets/Chunks. Working in batches, place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse (in 1-2 second pulses) until the cauliflower has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside.
- In a large pan heat half of the olive oil, add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, cook in one layer for 2 minutes, flip, season the other side and cook minutes more. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion, sauté until slightly golden. Add crushed garlic and diced carrots, cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender.
- Add cauliflower “rice”, season with salt and pepper. Add soy sauce, sesame oil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes, until the cauliflower has softened. Don’t overcook. Turn the heat off and add chopped parsley. Serve warm!