This super simple fish bake recipe uses nice white fish and is packed with healthy spinach! Great recipe for those who avoid meat on Fridays this time of the year. 🐟 😋
- 1 bag (12 to 16 ounces) chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 pounds haddock or cod fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Heat oven to 375 F.
- Arrange spinach in the bottom of the baking dish. Top with the fish fillets. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Spread soup over the fish fillets.
- Toss bread crumbs with the melted butter until thoroughly coated. Sprinkle over the soup layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.