Fish Fingers With Avocado Dip
Fish fingers are a great way to get kids to eat fish. The crispy coating is a notorious kid’s favorite and the avocado dip is creamy with a hint of lemon that compliments the fish perfectly!
- 1½ pounds white fish fillets
- 1½ cups bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Cut white fish fillets into 3×4-inch long strips. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parsley, and lemon zest.
- Place the flour and eggs in two separate bowls.
- Coat each fish strip with the flour, then eggs, and then breadcrumbs.
- Transfer strips to baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway and until golden brown.
- Serve them warm, or if you desire to freeze them, let them cool completely before you pop them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- While the fish is cooking, combine the avocados, yogurt, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve dip with baked fish fingers.