Double Chocolate Banana Cake
This lightened up chocolate cake has no oil, uses bananas and applesauce to keep it moist, and has just the right amount of chocolate to make it feel like an indulgent treat. Enjoy!
- 3 medium bananas
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 Tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the bananas and brown sugar until the bananas are mashed and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the applesauce, vanilla, and egg. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° F for 25 to 35 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick, if it comes clean it’s ready! Eat them warm (or not.)