Delicious Detox Salad
The ingredients can be chopped ahead of time and refrigerated, just toss the dressing before serving. Perfect clean meal to add to your weekly menu during the Holidays to balance your body after all the heavy eating!
- 2 cup red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 cup kale, finely sliced (I used dinosaur kale, but curly kale will be fine)
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup radish, sliced in matchsticks
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped in ¼-inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, sliced in matchsticks
- 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 tbs. sesame seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tbs. agave nectar
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- In a medium bowl or blender, combine dressing ingredients and process until fully integrated.
- In a very large bowl (or a large pot), combine all salad ingredients from cabbage to walnuts and toss well. Gently fold in avocado. (Or, add a portion of the avocado to the amount you’ll be dressing and serving).
- Toss dressing with vegetables until well mixed. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with sesame seeds and black pepper to taste.