You can’t go wrong with this traditional hummus recipe. With simple ingredients that produce a fresh, light flavor, this recipe is sure to be a crowd favorite. Refrigerate and use for up to 6 days.
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place beans and garlic in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until chopped. Add 1/2 cup water and remaining ingredients; pulse until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Serve with raw vegetables and whole wheat baked pita chips.