Chocolate Chip Banana Breakfast Cookie
A kid’s dream becoming true: Cookies for breakfast!
Jump-start your morning with a little variety and a lot of flavor with this delicious perfect for back to school recipe.
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together rolled oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together sun butter, butter, sugar, maple syrup, eggs and apple juice. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet.
- Fold in banana and chocolate chips. Scoop 1/3-cup dollops onto a parchment-lined cookie tray and press down. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.