Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
Creamy but still healthy! This Chicken Wild Rice Casserole will be your new favorite go-to dinner because it’s so easy to feed the whole family!
- 1 medium onion
- 5 medium carrot
- 5 stalk celery
- 1 ¼ cup of pieces or sliced white mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup of raw wild rice
- 3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups of rotisserie chicken
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of AP flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cup milk
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 cup bread cubes or stuffing cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the veggies and mince the garlic. Add to a casserole dish with wild rice and chicken broth.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Dice the rotisserie chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- When the rice is almost done cooking, melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan. Add flour, salt and poultry seasoning; let cook for 1 minute. Add the milk and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat.
- If you want to make the breaded topping, melt the other 4 tablespoons of butter and toss with the bread cubes.
- When the rice is done cooking, remove pan from the oven. Add the chicken and sauce; stir to combine. Add the bread cubes to the top and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Return pan to the oven (uncovered) and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm!