Cheesy Spinach Bites
This is a fun and healthy way to serve something green – for breakfast or lunch. These are packed full of protein, vitamins and flavor. Plus, it is a great way to get kids to eat spinach. You never know when they are going to decide to like it!
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 large egg
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1-ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1-ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Dice onion and mince garlic. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, then set aside.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook the onions and garlic until cooked through and caramelized – about 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl.
- Add eggs, cottage cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, and onion/garlic mixture to a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the filling is set and eggs are golden on top.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.