Autumn Harvest Soup
This Autumn Harvest Soup recipe is the perfect choice for a warm, nutritious and hearty soup.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks (white part), thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cups pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups various squash, cubed
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 bunch chard, chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 3/4 cup bulgur wheat, soaked in warm water until tender and drained (about 20 min)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in large stockpot and sauté leeks, carrots, and celery for five minutes.
- Add all the vegetables, grains and herbs and mix everything together.
- Add water (or stock) and simmer until pumpkin and squash are tender—about 10 to 15 minutes.